Summer 2022 Artplay schedule


Welcome to Summer Artplay 2022

The next Artplay session (on zoom) starts July 12th for 6 sessions!

Tuesdays 6:30-8:30 pm (Atlantic time)
Summer session: 
July 12th/19th/26th August 9th/16th/23rd

$60 for the 6 week session($10 per session) or Drop in $15
1st session free 
You can pay by cash, etransfer or paypal (for US people). I now accept debit and Visa (in person).

Sessions are limited to 10 people. 

If you want to register or if you have any questions please email me at frsodessa@gmail.com




In 2019 I started something I call ARTplay. We could call it CREATIVEplay. Because that's exactly what it is. The idea is to give ourselves permission to explore, try out new materials, experiment and enjoy whatever happens as we did when we were children. It is a time to intentionally connect to our childlike curiosity and unselfconscious expression. 

ARTplay is  a weekly, lightly facilitated studio space on Zoom, open to all creative forms of expression; music, dance, and writing (not just visual art). As the facilitator I use mindfulness techniques to  help us  connect  with our senses and create an open starting ground for discovery.

ARTplay is for the creative in you! Whether you identify as an artist or not we can all benefit from playtime! It works for both the experienced and aspiring creatives. It is not a traditional class. It's a team of people who want to put creative play back into their lives. It's a sharing of making, side by side. Every session starts with a check in, a quiet contemplation (5 min), intention setting, time for play/making, ending with show and tell.


What people say about participating in Artplay:

‘The facilitator holds the space beautifully, is a skilled communicator and an inspiration.

There is no restrictive definition of what “art” is. Every time I attend I learn something new! Collage, ink, combining media, etc The trust and friendship that has evolved in the community is a highlight of the experience. As well as learning and being inspired by my fellow Artplay friends.’ Julia Creighton Artplay participate since 2020

‘Besides enjoying the experience of making Art by playing, I like that it’s getting me to approach art making from a different perspective, maybe even from a child’s perspective which encourages me to have fun, explore and take the pressure off so that I don’t feel like I have to get it right.’ Jo-Anne Brown 2021


‘Being able to attend Artplay gives me focus, staying connected with an amazing group of artists, social interaction, being able to build new relationships and gaining inspiration from everyone who attends Artplay. Thank you for creating and hosting a wonderful art class each week.’ Megan Pegg 2021


About the facilitator: 


Odessa Spore

I've been making art since I was a child and my goal is to try not to stop! It's just so much fun. Although I have studied art and I have BFA from the Nova Scotia Collage of Art & Design, I still believe strongly in the value of play as a means to discover one's natural talent. I’ve also been a meditator since I was 16. Meditation and creativity complement each other! Our senses bring us into the present moment and help us connect to the raw spontaneous energy alive inside of us.  This, in turn, can fuel our creative spirit.





Comments

Popular Posts